What does being Pro-Choice mean to you?
Have you ever had an experience that reaffirmed or changed the way you thought about sexual and reproductive health and rights?
In Canada today, issues related to sexuality and sexual health are not openly discussed. This has put us on a dangerous path where Canadians are becoming less aware of the importance of sexual and reproductive health and rights. The stories that you share about your personal thoughts, opinions and experiences are key in ensuring that issues relating to sexuality are more openly understood and acknowledged.
We invite you share your story. You may choose to do so anonymously, or may provide us with some information relating to your story, such as a date or location. Canadians for Choice recognises that each person has a different story to tell and we therefore invite you to encourage your colleagues, family and friends to submit their own testimonies as well.
Some areas related to sexual and reproductive health and rights that you might want to address include:
• Why you are pro-choice
• An instance in your life when you became aware of the importance of sexual and reproductive health and rights
• Why it is important that we keep advocating for sexual and reproductive health and rights
• About your abortion experience (either before abortions were legal, or more recently)
• About your adoption experience
• Issues related to contraception, infertility, pregnancy, birthing or parenthood
• An experience related to your sexual identity
• Any other issue that is related to any aspect of sexual and reproductive health and rights in Canada!
Please feel free to write as little, or as much as you want in one story, or in several. We equally value and appreciate the experiences and opinions of every person.
Please note: Canadians for Choice reserves the right to choose which stories it uses and to edit any story for grammar, spelling and length.